Sorry I missed posting last week, I had my baby! I had another beautiful little girl, this one we’ll call Fox. We are just starting to settle in and figure out how this whole 4 person family thing is going to work. Wolfie is doing amazingly well with Fox. She really just wants to hold her and touch her all the time. It’s very sweet. With all the adjustments I haven’t been cooking, but I have been starving! I did make time to throw together this mug cake one night, and piled on the coconut milk ice cream for a bedtime snack. (best thing about breastfeeding is how much I can eat!)
This is a quick, easy, no frills dessert. It is best topped with some ice cream if you have it, but it will do for a lovely chocolate fix if that is your craving. Like all of my chocolate cake recipes this has less sugar than the norm. If you like it sweet add more.
Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake
- 3 TBL all purpose flour
- 1 TBL sugar
- 2 TBL cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- 1 TBL mild flavored oil
- 3 TBL water or non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 TBL chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a microwave safe coffee mug with a fork.
- Stir in the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips if using.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes until the cake is dry on top.
- Eat immediately, topped with ice cream if you have it.