Vegan Chili Cheese Dip you say? Ohh I do. This is the last recipe I’ll be posting using chili, I promise. (at least for now)
I usually make this using canned chili, but well I had the chili on hand so for New Year’s Eve this was what we had. It is so “real” tasting you will be surprised. We actually made a vegan chili cheese dip and a “normal” chili cheese dip and took them to a Super Bowl party last year thinking I could eat the vegan one and others could enjoy the “normal” one. Well people ended up eating both and not being able to tell the difference. I was rather shocked, but pleased.
This recipe is from my husband and is a family favorite. I had to adapt it for me, but really how hard is adapting when I’m just substituting the vegan versions of all the ingredients.
Hope you eat well and fool those around you.
Vegan Chili Cheese Dip
- 1 8oz container vegan cream cheese
- 2 cups chili or one 15oz can
- 1/2 – 1 cup vegan cheddar or nacho cheese
- Spread vegan cream cheese in the bottom of a 9′ round or square baking pan.
- Spread chili over the cream cheese and top with as much vegan cheddar as you like.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with chips.
- According to my husband they must be Frito scoops, no other chips will do.