What should I make for brunch? A common question on a Sunday morning. I suggest Tempeh Sausage, Breakfast Potatoes, Scrambled Tofu and Waffles. Ohh yeah baby, that’s a brunch if I ever heard one.
I’m sorry I haven’t been posting much lately, I have stated a new job and I’m still figuring out my schedule. My awesome husband has been doing a lot of cooking and our slow cooker is getting a work out. My husband also makes me breakfast on Saturday mornings so it is ready when I get back from my workout. Last Saturday it was everything I listed above except for waffles. It was awesome. I had to make the tempeh sausage again this weekend because it is so tasty.
I recommend eating the sausage by itself, or putting it on breakfast sandwiches.
This weekend I used a local tempeh which is much softer than the Lightlife brand I normally use. I much prefer the texture and taste when I use Lightlife in this recipe. If you are using a softer tempeh maybe boil it for less time.
Vegan Tempeh Sausage
- 1 package tempeh
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp rubbed sage
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp herbs de provence
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/8 salt
- oil for cooking
- Boil tempeh and vegetable broth together over medium high heat until broth is almost gone, about 10 minutes.
- Place tempeh and all ingredients except for oil in a food processor and process until tempeh is mashed and everything is sticking together.
- Shape tempeh mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook patties until golden brown on both sides. Serve hot.
5 thoughts on “Vegan Tempeh Sausage”
As one of my readers just commented I did not specify that the Worcestershire should be vegan! I’m so sorry. Most Worcestershire sauce has Anchovies in it, there are some that you can find at a well stocked grocery store or health food store that are vegan. They are marked as such on the label. Thank you Stephanie for pointing this out!!!!
So good with an egg sandwich!