I’m sorry I haven’t been posting much lately, I have stated a new job and I’m still figuring out my schedule. My awesome husband has been doing a lot of cooking and our slow cooker is getting a work out. My husband also makes me breakfast on Saturday mornings so it is ready when I get back from my workout. Last Saturday it was everything I listed above except for waffles. It was awesome. I had to make the tempeh sausage again this weekend because it is so tasty.
I recommend eating the sausage by itself, or putting it on breakfast sandwiches.
This weekend I used a local tempeh which is much softer than the Lightlife brand I normally use. I much prefer the texture and taste when I use Lightlife in this recipe. If you are using a softer tempeh maybe boil it for less time.
Vegan Tempeh Sausage
- 1 package tempeh
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp rubbed sage
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp herbs de provence
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/8 salt
- oil for cooking
- Boil tempeh and vegetable broth together over medium high heat until broth is almost gone, about 10 minutes.
- Place tempeh and all ingredients except for oil in a food processor and process until tempeh is mashed and everything is sticking together.
- Shape tempeh mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook patties until golden brown on both sides. Serve hot.