Today is National Mojito Day! Here in the Northeast it is HOT today, and perfect for a delightful summer Morita. What is a Morita you ask? Well, a Morita is simply a margarita/mojito mix. This recipe development came when we had a huge garden with mint growing everywhere. We had fun experimenting with way of using the mint with this lovely drink becoming one of our favorites. Until today I have claimed to be unsure of how to make a Morita and always put my husband in charge. I think by writing a recipe for it I’m blowing my cover. I’m only willing to do this for the good of mankind. Enjoy responsibly.
- 1 lime
- a large handful fresh mint, about 1 cup loosely packed
- 2oz white rum
- 2oz tequila
- 1oz triple sec
- club soda
- simple syrup
- Cut the lime in half lengthwise, then cut each half in quarters lengthwise.
- Split the mint and lime wedges between two highball glass and muddle together.
- Add the alcohol evenly between the glasses, fill the glass with ice, then top with club soda, and simple syrup to taste.
- Give everything a quick stir, taste, adjust to your liking, and enjoy outside.