This is the last of the soyrizo recipes, at least for now… I did take a break for a bit for all the holidays, and now we need a quick throw together meal to make up for all the hardcore cooking. You might notice it is pretty similar to the topping for the baked potato from a few weeks ago. This pasta actually came first, and started the idea for the baked potato. This is also just a few things I usually have in my refrigerator and pantry just waiting to be used for a quick weekend lunch. This is one of my husband’s favorite throw together meals and he is always scraping the skillet for the last little bites. It is a hearty, satisfying, just a bit spicy, quick meal.
Quick and Easy Pasta with Soyrizo and Garlic
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup chopped kale, spinach, or whatever greens you have around (optional)
- 5 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 package soyrizo
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or cooking water from pasta
- 2 TBL vegan cream cheese
- 2 TBL nutritional yeast
- 1/2-1 cup tomato based pasta sauce, or tomato sauce from a can, or a few tablespoons tomato paste and 1/2 cup more vegetable broth.
- 1/2 lb pasta of your choice cooked according to package directions
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and kale and cook, stirring occasionally until the onion and kale are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for a few seconds making sure not to let it brown.
- Add the soyrizo, vegetable brother, cream cheese, nutritional yeast, and tomato sauce of choice and cook while stirring just until heated through.
- Add your cooked pasta to the skillet and toss together serving immediately.