These broccoli tots are a fun way to eat your vegetables. My daughter had a blast helping me make these, and using the mini muffin pan allowed her to help shape the tots. She scooped them in and I patted them down. These were super yummy, and toddler approved. You could also serve these with a yummy dip for an appetizer. My husband and I ate them with pasta as a play on meatballs. A versatile dish to be sure.
Healthy Baked Broccoli “Tots”
Originally from gimmedelicious.com
- 2 cups roughly chopped broccoli
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan, or baking sheet.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then remove and shock with cold tap water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Chop broccoli finely and mix thoroughly with the egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
- Divide evenly into cups of a muffin pan patting down to ensure they hold their shape. If you don’t have a muffin pan shape into tots and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm, or cold if you’re my daughter.