Ok, this has a long name, but it is descriptive. This takes a tortilla, adds pizza sauce and vegan cheese, then the pesto patty, fold it up and it is a little pizza, a little quesadilla, and some good protein and yum from the pesto patty. This is of course a way to use up the pesto patties you made last night since you have already consumed any leftover roasted eggplant. You can’t resist cold leftover eggplant can you? Me either. But that is not what this post is about. This post is about a meted cheesy, soul satisfying, delicious, vegan treat.
Vegan Pest Patty Pizza Quesadilla
- Leftover pesto patty
- 1 tortilla
- 3 TBL or so Pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup or so Vegan mozzarella cheese (I only use Daiya brand)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put tortilla on a baking sheet, spread pizza sauce evenly over tortilla, sprinkle with desired amount of cheese.
- Place the leftover pesto patty next to the tortilla pizza on the pan and cook everything in the preheated oven until the tortilla starts to brown and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Remove everything from the oven.
- Break the pesto patty into pieces over half the tortilla pizza, fold tortilla in half over the patty and eat while reveling in the glory of a melty, satisfying, cheesy, pizza-like goodness that is still practically a health food.