This is one of my all time favorite things to eat in the spring/summer. I’m not sure what it is, but the combination is fabulous. I’m not sure the actual original source, but it is a recipe from the Sunnymeadow School cookbook where my best friend when to school growing up. In my mind this is something her mom would make for pot-lucks and one I always looked forward to. It is a great pot-luck dish, and one even non-vegans will eat. Just remember to add the dressing the same day you are serving it or it gets a bit dried out. It is also a perfect, easy weekend lunch. This week I made a slightly larger batch of millet and have made the salad a fresh a few times.
Vegan Millet and Pasta Salad.
- 8-10 oz dry pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup cooked millet
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 3 TBL peanut or almond butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup prepared vinaigrette dressing (such as Newman’s Own light Italian)
- In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta, cooked millet, red pepper and scallions if using.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the nut butter, maple syrup and dressing.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the noodle mixture and toss together.
- Serve cold or room temperature the same day you make it.