So if you’re vegan you have probably had a tofu scramble. This doesn’t taste like those. My husband thinks it tastes like scramble eggs and cheese. I don’t think so, but it is good! This is the most often requested breakfast item in my house. I hope you like it. Just a note, I never actually measure the cream cheese because I hate putting it in, then scraping it out of a measuring spoon, also the measurements don’t have to be exact for it to taste yummy.
- 8 oz extra firm tofu (not silken)
- 1 cup kale chopped (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- dash of cayenne
- few grinds fresh black pepper
- 1 TBL nutritional yeast
- 2 TBL vegan cream cheese
- Drain tofu.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, about 30 seconds, add the tofu and crush it with a fork until it is crumbly.
- Add the kale if using.
- Cook the tofu and kale until the water is absorbed and the tofu looks dry.
- Add the salt, garlic, cayenne, pepper, nutritional yeast, and cream cheese.
- Mix everything together and heat until warmed through, just a few seconds longer.
- Remove from heat and serve.