These potatoes are what we serve whenever anyone comes over for breakfast. They are perfect for a brunch with friends, or for just the two of us. I often serve them with tofu scramble and waffles or pancakes. When it is just my husband and I we eat the whole pan of potatoes and call it good.
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 3 Large potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- few grinds black pepper
- cayenne to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat for about 20 seconds.
- Add potatoes and cook covered until potatoes start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook uncovered until potatoes are tender and starting to brown.
- Add onion and cook 5-10 minutes more until potatoes are brown and crispy and onion is cooked through.
- Just before everything is cooked through add all the spices and give it a taste. Add more if your potatoes were really big!
- serve hot.
4 thoughts on “Breakfast potatoes”