Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. I was in Mexico diligently eating as much as possible to get new ideas for recipes. I do it for you. I haven’t been cooking much since I got back, but one thing I always have to eat is breakfast. This is one of my favorites.
I love breakfast, and I love salty things for breakfast. As a vegan sometimes that is hard to do, I decided I needed something to replace the egg sandwiches that where I large part of my morning for many years, so along came the vegan breakfast sandwich. This has now been my go to breakfast for a number of years. It is super fast once you have made it a few times, and keeps me full until lunch. What more can you ask for in a breakfast. Ohh, it tastes awesome!
My husband loves this on bread, I like bagels. This recipe is for one sandwich.
Vegan Breakfast Sandwich
- Bagel or 2 pieces of bread, Toasted
- Tofu (2 slices about a 1/4″ thick)
- Olive Oil, enough to cover bottom of pan
- 2 TBL vegan cream cheese
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp salt or less to taste
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of cayenne
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Heat a little oil in the bottom of a small skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add tofu and cook for about 2 minutes until one side is golden brown.
- While it is cooking mix the cream cheese and nutritional yeast together.
- Start toasting your bread.
- When tofu is golden, flip it over and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add salt, garlic, cayenne and vinegar to tofu.
- Cook until the vinegar has evaporated.
- remove from heat.
- Spread cream cheese/nutritional yeast mixture on toast, add tofu and enjoy!! —Also super good with avocado and tomato added.