So you’re looking for food to serve the vegan mother in you life for Mother’s Day. Good job; you’re working hard to fulfill her desires and it will be appreciated. Just for you, I’ll tell you what I would love for a food-filled vegan Mother’s Day.
1. Start with vegan hot chocolate. If she’s into it, and most mothers are, add a shot, or ten, of espresso to make this a mocha.
2. For first breakfast choose something savory such as a tofu breakfast sandwich, or just a delightful jalapeno bagel. If your special vegan is also gluten free try this savory oatmeal. For extra credit you can make the bagel at home. Just for you I made a video in case you’re going for the big wow factor.
3. Of course, she will need a late morning snack. I suggest something sweet again and bakery quality. Maybe a blueberry muffin or cinnamon bun with another cup of coffee. Preferably iced at this point.
4. Just a salad for lunch please to balance the morning and get her ready for the delightful dinner you are going to prepare.
5. Now a little appetizer of happy comfort served up in this smoky bean dip.
6. For dinner I’m going between these lentil tacos, or a pasta with vegan alfredo sauce. Hmm, I guess I’ll leave it up to the cook.
7. Dessert, the most important part of the day! You have a few options, but in my world they are all chocolate. My first choice would be this vegan French Silk Pie. You could also do a chocolate cake, or chocolate chip cookies.
8. Good luck and thank you. The person you are cooking for will love the fact that you took the time to figure out and make something special just for her. Happy Mother’s Day!