I was staying with a friend a few weeks ago and we decided to make cookies. I was all like “no problem, I’ll just go on my blog and grab my recipe.” Much to my dismay I found that I have NEVER blogged my chocolate chip cookie recipe. I am truly sorry. You have been missing out on some amazing, and easy to make cookies because I was sure they were already here. I make these cookies a lot. Way more than I should. I love them right out of the oven, so much so that I have justified eating 3 or 4 every time I make them because they just don’t taste the same the rest of the batch. My husband loves them frozen. After I have eaten as many cookies as I can in one sitting (they must still be warm while consuming) I freeze the rest of the batch. This is a recipe only slightly adapted from “How It All Vegan” by Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kramer. I love this recipe because there are no crazy substitutions to make them vegan, and they taste amazing!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 TBL water
- 2 /14 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl cream together coconut oil, Earth Balance, brown and white sugar, vanilla extract, and water mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt giving dry ingredients a stir before combining with the creamed mixture. Mix dry and creamed mixture just until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
- Drop cookie dough by the spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets leaving 2″ between each cookie.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer from cookie sheet onto cooling rack immediately.
- Wait a few minutes before eating to prevent burning your mouth on hot chocolate chips.
- Enjoy responsibly.
4 thoughts on “Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies”