So my blueberry bushes have been growing more blueberries than I thought four bushes could grow. Granted I have never seen a giant blueberry bush before, but still… In our last harvest they were looking a little peaked so I had to use them quickly. I added some to pancakes, made these delicious vegan blueberry muffins, and froze the rest for future deliciousness. You could really use any fruit in this recipe, I have used strawberries in the past and loved them. A very good impressive vegan muffin. You could never tell they are vegan.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ Cup nondairy milk
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen blueberries
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease muffin tins.
- Mix together your dry ingredients (Flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and soda.)
- Gently stir in milk, oil, and vanilla but be careful not to over-mix. A few lumps are okay!
- Fold in your thawed blueberries.
- Pour batter into muffin tins, ¾ of the way to the top.
- Slide your filled tins into the oven and cook for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Fresh out of the oven they are still young and impressionable, so don’t try to remove them immediately or you will end up with smushed, dented muffins! Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes inside their cooking vessel. Enjoy with someone you love.