I love Baileys and have long missed its presence in my life. I’ve mourned the fact that it has milk and my coffee was destined to be lonely. I don’t know why it took me this long to figure out how to make a vegan version of Baileys Irish Cream. Maybe I wasn’t able to see past the cloud of grief I was existing in, maybe I was lazy, maybe it just took seeing a homemade non-vegan version on Flipboard. That is what started it this time. Below is a recipe to lift your spirits on this hallowed of days. Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Enjoy responsibly.
The recipe makes quite a lot, though the picture is misleading as we celebrated last night before I took the picture. We were very impressed with the flavor and consistency of this Vegan Irish Cream.
- 1 can Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 2 cups Non-dairy Milk (I used unsweetened original flavor almond milk)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 1/3 cups Irish Whiskey
- 1 cup Dairy-free Creamer (I used So Delicious Original Coconut Milk Creamer)
- 2 TBL Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBL Coffee or Espresso
- Combine the coconut milk, non-dairy milk, and both sugars in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until reduced by half and starting to thicken, about 20 minutes.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Once cool mix in the rest of the ingredients and stir together.
- Enjoy responsibly.
- Store in the refrigerator when not in use.
2 thoughts on “St. Patrick’s Day Vegan “Baileys” Irish Cream”