St.Patrick’s Day is coming up. Usually my husband and I celebrate with a silly tradition of watching “The Boondock Saints” and drinking Guinness and my vegan version of Baileys Irish Cream. It is possible that we mix these and drink them quite fast, but I’ll never confess to such debauchery. That won’t be happening this year because I’m pregnant, again. Since I hate to miss out on tradition I just had to come up with another way to celebrate, and, of course, I had to practice and share my idea with you. Simply, it is a perfectly delicious, creamy, cool, and decedent Irish Cream Ice cream. I might have tried mine over a brownie and topped with hot fudge. Don’t blame me, blame the baby.
Vegan Irish Cream Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup +1 TBL Irish whiskey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp brewed espresso or coffee
- 1 TBL chocolate chips (vegan)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- In a small saucepan heat 1/2 cup whiskey and the brown sugar over medium/low heat until simmering, stirring frequently.
- Continue to simmer and stir frequently until the mixture has reduced to approximately 1/4 cup of liquid, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla, almond, salt, coffee, and chocolate chips stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour in the coconut milk. If it has separated in the can heat gently until just heated through, then stir until everything is uniformly combined with no chunks of floating coconut cream.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until light and foamy, about 45 seconds.
- Freeze according to your ice cream makers instructions.
2 thoughts on “St. Patrick’s Day Vegan Irish Cream Ice Cream”