As the weather gets warmer I want to have cooler foods. I especially love pasta salads. I will not argue the nutritional value of pasta, but just say it is delicious! This is a simple noodle salad topped with tempeh croutons and it gets better after a day or two in the fridge. It is also perfect for a pot luck as it is best served room temperature. This comes together quickly, and is perfect for lunch on the go, or a quick dinner. Serve with a yummy fresh salad to really brighten your meal.
Vegan Peanut Noodles with Tempeh Croutons
- 1 package Tempeh cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 2 TBL tamari
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Udon noodles cooked according to package directions, drained, and cooled to room temperature
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 TBL lime juice
- 2 TBL brown sugar
- 2 TBL tamari
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat a large case iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil, swirl to coat the bottom of the pan, and add the tempeh.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown on all sides, 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and drizzle the tamari over the tempeh, stir, and sprinkle the chili powder over the tempeh, stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, lime juice, brown sugar, tamari, and red pepper flakes whisking to combine.
- Add the cooked noodles and toss to coat with dressing.
- Top with tempeh croutons.
2 thoughts on “Vegan Peanut Noodles with Tempeh Croutons”