Mother’s Day is on Sunday, yes, this Sunday. I know you want to make something special for the mother in your life, and since she is vegan it can be hard. This will be the perfect fix. Super easy to make as long as you have an electric mixer, looks fantastic, and will leave your both in the best of food comas. It can also be a mix and match to fit her taste buds allowing you to choose the toppings and extras of your choice. You will also impress her with your aquafaba chocolate mousse as aquafaba has just hit the mainstream in the last few weeks. You are on the cutting edge of vegan culinary delights!! Go you!
note: If you happen to be planning ahead the mousse is best made the night before-if not, don’t worry, make it now and it will still take perfect, it just won’t be as firm.
Mother’s Day Parfait with Aquafaba Chocolate Mousse
- 1 prepared recipe Aquafaba chocolate mousse
- 1 prepared recipe coconut whipped cream
- prepared chocolate cake (or other cake if you want) – you can use store bought, or make it from a box mix. I won’t tell, this time…
- toppings and extras of choice: hot fudge sauce, liqueur such as amaretto, fruit such as berries, chopped nuts, candy, coarse salt, fresh mint, who knows!
- Start with a tall glass or parfait dish (does anyone actually have one of these?)
- Layer as you desire starting with the cake.
- If you are using liqueur drizzle a small amount (1 tsp) on each layer of cake.
- Top with extras, then mousse. Your choice if you want to add some whipped cream to the layers of save it for the top.
- Layer on until you reach the top of the dish and finish with a heap of whipped cream.