This recipe is a follow up of my post Vegan Burgers Without a Recipe. In this burger recipe I am doing exactly what I talked about in my last post; cleaning out my refrigerator. I had leftover Millet, Quinoa, and cooked beans. I threw them all in the food processor with some spices and look what happened!! I made delicious, vegan, gluten free burgers in just a few minutes. In this recipe the grains are the star and I am using the beans as a binder to hold the whole delightful mess together.
Millet Quinoa Bean Burger
- 1 cup cooked beans
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups cooked millet
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- salt 1/2-1 tsp
- cumin 1-2 tsp
- garlic powder 1-2 tsp
- smoked paprika 1/2-1 tsp
- Olive oil for cooking
- Buns and toppings for serving
- Place cooked beans and the cilantro in the bowl of a food processor and process briefly until cilantro is minced and combined with the beans.
- Add the millet, quinoa, and spices pulsing to combine.
- Taste the batter and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Once the burger batter is to your liking, form into patties.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add formed patties to hot oil and cook until crispy and browned, about 3-4 minutes, flip and cook second side until crispy and browned on the second side, another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of choice on a lightly grilled bun.
One thought on “Vegan Millet, Quinoa, and Bean Burgers”