Thursday was my birthday. It was lovely. Wolfie slept longer than she ever has the night before and night after my birthday. Hours of sleep in a row. It was amazing! For my birthday dinner my amazing husband made me vegan eggplant Parmesan, and this delightful garlic bread. I was a happy lady.
Oh, how I love garlic bread. The soft pillowy bread, the creamy butter, the slight bite from the garlic. So delicious. This is one of those recipes we have been making so long that I always forget to post it, I just think I already have. You will probably want to make this tonight with some loaded pasta, or lasagna, or maybe ravioli with brown butter sage sauce. You never know what you might want to serve it with. Maybe you just want to eat it on its own. I won’t tell anyone.
Vegan Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance buttery spread at room temperature
- 8 small cloves garlic, finely minced
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut bread into slices on the horizontal from top to bottom most of the way through the loaf leaving the bottom intact. (see picture below)
- Mix the garlic into the buttery spread until combined.
- Spread garlic butter on each side of each slice of bread.
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the butter has melted and the crust is crispy.
- Serve immediately.