More vegetables for breakfast?! Well, yes. And it’s vegan and gluten free. This recipe is one that I found before children from the cookbook “The Vegan Slow Cooker” It is a lovely way to mix in some vegetables for breakfast, and it tastes delicious! It’s also perfect for when you have overnight guests, or know you will have a rushed morning. It smells wonderful and is done by the time you get up in the morning. Yes, my toddler loved this!
You don’t have to sweeten this at all, and can add what you like for toppings just before serving. Nuts, fruit, milk, sweetener, anything that sounds good will be a lovely addition.
Vegan Slow Cooker Carrot Cake and Zucchini Bread Oatmeal
Originally from The Vegan Slow Cooker
- 1 cup steal cut oats (certified gluten free if necessary)
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 cup coconut water, or more non-dairy milk
- 3 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 medium zucchini, grated
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 TBL brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Combine everything except the pecans in the crock of your slow cooker.
- Stir briefly and cook on low 6-8 hours (overnight).
- In the morning stir in the chopped pecans and whatever else your heart desires.
You can use all carrots, or all zucchini.