This has been my go-to lunch throughout this pregnancy. It seems to be perfectly satisfying, and easy enough that I can make it even when I’m already hungry. I usually make just enough for one meal, which is what this recipe is for. Sometimes, when I’m feeling the need to do so, I will reduce the fat in this recipe by halving the mayo used and subbing in the same amount of aquafaba (liquid from the can of beans). The flavor is almost as good, and during this pregnancy the lower fat is better every now and again.
Vegan Garbanzo Bean “Tuna” Salad
Makes 1 serving
- 1/3 cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 TBL vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sweet pickle relish
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp each minced sweet onion and celery (optional)
- Mash garbanzo beans in a small bowl with a fork.
- Stir in the mayo, pickle relish, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the onion and celery if using and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Serve on bread, or with crackers, sliced veggies, or however you desire.