Tomorrow is national ice cream day! Oh boy, what a wonderful thing to celebrate. I haven’t created any new ice cream flavors in a while so I decided to put some thought into it. Here is my creation: a creamy coffee ice cream with bits of Oreo, best served topped with hot fudge sauce and coconut whipped cream. A vegan mud pie!
My ice cream recipe is versatile and I have a post on making vegan ice cream without a recipe if you want to experiment. For this coffee base I used my whiskey cold brew, but any strong, cold coffee would work.
If this flavor isn’t your jam, check out the vanilla, peanut butter cup, Irish cream, or Mint. I do love ice cream!
Vegan Mud Pie Ice Cream
- 1 can (13.6 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 TBL agave nectar
- 3 TBL cold brew whiskey coffee, or cold coffee
- 6 Oreos, smashed
- pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients together briefly.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- After ice cream has been churned fold in the crushed Oreos.
- Scoop ice cream into freezer friendly container and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Top with vegan hot fudge sauce for a delightful treat.