Today is my 5th wedding anniversary! I can’t believe time has gone so fast! So many things have happened in the last five years, and there is no way we would have pictured ourselves in Cambridge, MA with two kids on our wedding day! Holy Cow! To honor this momentous occasion I am compiling a list of my husband’s favorites from the blog. All of them are delightful vegan comfort foods.
The featured recipe is one of the easiest things to make, and one of my husband’s favorites. I say that a lot; it must mean that whatever I’m making is his favorite. This is simply frozen tater tots that are baked, then topped with cheese and tofu smothered in BBQ sauce. Oh, so good! If you’re looking for a different kind of comfort see below.
Chocolate Brownies with Cheesecake Swirl
Tater Tots with Cheese and BBQ Tofu
- 1/2 bag frozen tater tots cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup cheese (vegan or not depending on your preference)
- 1/2 lb tofu
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Cook the tater tots.
- When they are done sprinkle with cheese and heat just long enough to melt the cheese, about 3-5 minutes.
- Cook the tofu using my making tofu tasty directions.
- Turn off the heat and pour the BBQ sauce over the top, stirring to combine.
- Divide tater tots and cheese onto two plates and top with tofu.