In the mood for a rich and decadent ice cream, but feel like you should be avoiding dairy, sugar, and really trying to eat better overall? Or, perhaps need a quick dessert for Easter? Well, here you are my friends. A delightful, quick, easy, sugar free, healthy treat that is surprisingly close to ice cream in taste and mouthfeel. It is heavy on the banana flavor, but the chocolate and peanut butter do a lovely job of complementing it and bringing out flavors one would expect.
This is nice cream is basically a smoothie and something I have considered eating for breakfast, maybe stirring it into my oatmeal. So many options for a treat made from real ingredients with no added sugar.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas cut into 1″ chunks (about 2 cups)
- 6 TBL full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 TBL cocoa powder
- 3 TBL crunchy peanut butter
- Puree banana, coconut milk, vanilla, salt, and cocoa powder until smooth in a food processor or blender.
- Add peanut butter and pulse a few times to combine.
- Eat immediately, or store in the freezer for later. If storing in the freezer allow nice cream to thaw at room temperature a few minutes before serving.