Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone! I have just the thing to top those veggie burgers to jazz them up with minimal effort, or to serve as a beautiful side. This delightful cabbage and apple slaw. It is pictured here over a store bought veggie burger (field roast). I used store bought as they hold up better on the grill, at least compared to the homemade burgers I make.
This slaw is easy, beautiful, quick, and can feed a crowd and will please the majority of eaters. My 9 month old loved the cabbage and even my picky toddler tried it.
To make your slaw instagramable rinse it a few times in cold water before mixing with the vinaigrette, and only toss together right before serving. The rinse step is totally useless for taste, but makes it prettier as the cabbage doesn’t bleed its color as much if rinsed.
Red Cabbage and Green Apple Slaw
- 1 1/2 TBL honey, or agave if vegan
- juice from half a lemon, about 1 TBL
- 1 TBL white vinegar
- 1 TBL olive oil
- 2 TBL dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- 1/2 a small head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green apple,cut into thin stripes
- Whisk together the honey, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, mustard, and salt.
- Add cabbage and apple and toss to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator until serving.
2 thoughts on “Red Cabbage and Green Apple Slaw With Honey Mustard Vinaigrette”