My dad loves chocolate, I mean really loves chocolate. He isn’t going to be with me this Father’s Day since we live a few states apart, but since he generously passed on his love of chocolate, I will generously eat this cake in his honor. Love you daddy!
I did think about making something for my husband and father of my children, but I make things for him all the time. I’ll make sure to make some of his favorites for him, and I’ll even share the cake.
This is a lovely combination of several recipes on my blog, and comes together into a delightful blackout chocolate cake topped with chocolate mousse.
Vegan Blackout Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Double Recipe Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Aquafaba Chocolate Mousse chilled for several hours
- 2-3 cups Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Cut the top off one cake to make it flat. Frost it and stack the second cake on top. Frost top and sides of cake and pat chocolate chips into sides and top.
- Top the cake with chocolate mousse, serve, eat, and then take a nap. Happy Father’s Day!!
2 thoughts on “Happy Father’s Day Chocolate Cake”