My oldest daughter calls sunscreen “ice cream.” Super cute, and funny as it means I have yet to convince her that ice cream is a totally different item. I decided to make this with her to give her a small taste of what ice cream is. I usually don’t even let her have yogurt with sugar in it (she loves plain), but I made an exception here. She thought it was pretty great.
This is a super simple combination of frozen fruit and yogurt that makes a creamy, fruity, frozen concoction that fills any need for ice cream. It works with both vegan and dairy yogurt. I like to use the sweetened yogurt here, but plain would be fine if you are ok with a fairly tart yogurt. If you use sweetened yogurt and it isn’t sweet enough for you add a touch of agave or maple syrup. It will depend on how sweet the fruit is that you use. I used peaches for this batch, but pretty much any frozen fruit will work. I haven’t met one yet that doesn’t.
Easy Gluten Free 2 Ingredient Frozen Yogurt (vegan or not)
- 1/2 cup sweetened vanilla yogurt (non-dairy is fine)
- 2 cups chopped frozen fruit (I used peaches)
- Optional – sweetener such as agave, honey, or maple syrup
- Optional-Vanilla or almond extract 1/4 tsp or so
- Place yogurt, then frozen fruit in a high powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- You will need to stop several times to scrape the sides.
- Serve immediately. It doesn’t freeze well. You could keep it in the freezer for an hour or so, but much longer it gets very hard and doesn’t thaw consistently so it is best eaten in one sitting.