Being a mom I think Mother’s Day is great. I get to sit around while someone else cooks and cleans for a day. Sounds like perfection. I know if you’re the one doing the cooking and cleaning for a day it might seem a little overwhelming. I’m here to help. These three ingredient Crêpes are incredibly simply, yet sure to wow. Pictured is simple the Crêpe with some store-bought raspberry jam and a little powdered sugar sprinkled over the top. Beautiful right? You could also find some vegan chocolate hazelnut butter . Perhaps a mimosa and some breakfast potatoes or scrambled tofu and you are good to go!
Happy Mother’s Day to all!
Vegan Chickpea Crepes
- 1 1/2 cups (165 grams) chickpea (Besan) flour -You can find this in any good grocery store by the gluten free foods or specialty flour section.
- 1 1/2 cups (350 grams) water
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Cooking spray or Oil for cooking
- Whisk together flour, water and salt. Set aside for 30 minutes for flour to absorb water.
- Once batter has hydrated heat a 11″ non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray, or add a small amount of oil to the pan and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add 1/3 cup of the batter and swirl the pan so the batter coats the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook over medium heat until bottom is golden brown, flip the crepe and cook on the second side until it is also golden brown.
- Continue cooking crepes one at a time until batter is gone.
- Serve with toppings of choice or use for dipping.