Valentine’s day is just around the corner, and I’m sure you are planning for a lovely evening. I hope you get to stay home snuggled with your special someone, be that your dog or a human partner. To celebrate I am bringing you a super simple treat to finish the evening (or get it started…) Afffogato, which is traditionally espresso over ice cream. Here it is the delightful cold brew whiskey coffee from last week over vegan ice cream. If you are able, you should make your own. I recommend a simple vanilla flavor, but please be adventurous. If making ice cream is out of the picture, then store bought is fine. I love Luna and Larry’s coconut bliss as a second best to my own. And, well, let’s say you are reading this 2 hours before your date arrives. No stress, just go buy some espresso, mix it with a little whiskey, pour it gracefully over ice cream, and you are in business. No one will know you had grand plans to truly impress, but got caught by a snowstorm and had to make do.
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 shots cold brew whiskey coffee
- Scoop ice cream into two small pretty cups.
- Pour one shot of whiskey coffee over each cup of ice cream and serve.
- It is nice to let the ice cream melt a little to help sweeten the whiskey coffee, so eat slowly and savor each bite.
4 thoughts on “Vegan Affogato for Valentine’s Day”
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yum ! : )